Are you interested in joining an organisation with a long term commitment to fighting poverty? Would you like to work in a challenging environment and develop an international career focused on demonstrating shared core values that achieve results?
SNV Cambodia is looking for a:
Associate Advisor / Project Leader of Waste to Energy in the Rice Milling Sector
Based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organisation working in over 30 of poorest countries worldwide since more than 40 years. SNV is committed to reducing poverty by catalyzing environmentally sustainable solutions for the poor in agriculture, renewal energy and water sanitation and hygiene.
Under SNV Cambodia renewal energy sector, the Waste to Energy (WtE) project is funded by European Union SWITCH-Asia programme for 4 years starting from January 2012 with as main objectives to stimulate the uptake for high quality WtE technology for power generation by Rice Millers and to develop a single operational industry standard for the technology with policy makers, SME’s and financial sector actors together in a multi-stakeholder platform. One of the project’s major activities is to transfer rice husk to energy through the promotion of standardized and regulated rice husk gasifier technology in the rice milling sector. With these goals, the WtE project aims to achieve the following broader results;
- Establishment of a local expert centre to assess WtE systems and evaluate the field performance, environmental and health impacts.
- Development of specific guidelines to guarantee performance of Rice Husk Gasifier (RHG) systems and provision of tailor made training packages and services for manufacturers and rice millers.
- Enhance the capacity local SMEs manufacturing RHGs
- Build awareness of Rice Millers on the benefits of the technology and stimulate rice millers to invest in upgrading their rice-mills with a RHG
SNV is seeking for a qualified candidate to fill in the post of a Project Leader for the WtE project, who will work closely with the Sector Leader Renewal Energy and is responsible for steering the day to day operation of the project and report to SNV Cambodia and to the European Commission.
- Manage the project by providing strategic direction in terms of strategies,
- content and leadership to optimize project results
- Provide direction to the project and project partner’s staff, this includes setting
- up annual targets and staffs performance evaluation of the project team; mentor
- and coach the team members
- Build relations with project partners such as private service providers, government partner organisations, local organisations, knowledge institutions including donors with the objective of profiling SNV’s project
- Lead key assignments of the project, and coordinate and monitor quality of advisory services of the project team
- Stimulate learning and innovation among project advisors and partner staffs, and participate in knowledge development expertise groups/networks
- Identify opportunities to mobilize financial resources in collaboration with the Renewal Energy Sector Leader, Business Development team and other sector teams in the country
- Master’s Degree in management/business administration, agribusiness, agricultural economics, or relevant field with minimum of 8 years of professional work experience, in managing/implementing large scale private sector/commercial agriculture development projects for development organizations; Experience in Cambodia is an added advantages
- Excellent understanding and experiences on private sector/ market development tools i.e. value chain development, micro, small and medium enterprise development and inclusive business approaches
- Demonstrated understanding of sound project management practices and protocols including financial/ budget management
- Experience with large scale EU funded project management; knowledge and experience in rice sector, renewal energy technology especially biomass based technology is preferable
- Experience in building capacity, managing and coaching a team of advisors and the project partners (i.e. NGOs, private sectors, government institutes etc.) in delivering project targets
- Excellent communication skills in English and willingness to travel regularly to other provinces of Cambodia, and other countries in Asia
Medical facilities: There are limited international standard healthcare facilities; daily connections to Bangkok /Singapore for advanced healthcare.
Educational facilities: International schooling systems up to IB level in English and French are available.
Security situation: Good. Peace and security throughout the country
Accessibility: Frequent flight connections to major cities in the region.
Communication: Advanced mobile, phone and internet connectivity is available
Contract Duration: The duration of the assignment will be for 12 months with possibility of extension depending on performance not exceeding current project duration of December 2015
Desired start Date: 1st June 2013
Salary scale: Competitive consultancy package is offered.
How to apply?
Please apply by clicking on http://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/327356 and completing your application in our in-house recruitment system before 29 March 2013.
More information about SNV
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organisation. We believe that no-one should have to live in poverty and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development.
Starting out in the Netherlands more than 40 years ago, we now work in over 30 of the poorest countries worldwide. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services - empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
By sharing our specialist expertise in Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, we contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today – helping to find local solutions to global challenges and sowing the seeds of lasting change.
SNV aims to make a lasting difference in the lives of 40 million people living in poverty over the period 2011-2015.
For more information, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
Thursday, March 28, 2013
Type of contract: