Job Reference Number: EMR/ID/AIPJ-TL
Job Type: International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Schedule: Full Time
Job Location: Asia; Indonesia; Jakarta
The Team Leader is responsible, with Cardno, for the management of the AIPJ (Australia Indonesia Partnership for Justice) and for ensuring that governance arrangements are properly established. The Team Leader will work with reform teams and a range of partners to support Indonesian leadership of reform within State justice institutions and civil society, and lead the AIPJ team to deliver development results, especially for women who are poor and people with disabilities. The Team Leader will operate within an approved organization structure that provides additional management and advisory resources.
Specifically, the Team Leader will:
- Guide the strategic direction of the AIPJ in line with the Realising Rights Strategy, define this further into a coherent program of activities and knowledge products, and implement an expanded network of CSO/DPO partners and provincial offices;
- Provide management and leadership to a highly experienced team of national and international managers, advisers and support staff;
- Assure quality of AIPJ planning, implementation and reporting through direct management of Monitoring and Learning, Contract Performance, Gender and Disabilities and Communications functions and oversight, through a Deputy Team Leader (Operations), of technical implementation;
- Support partnerships with The Asia Foundation, the Federal and Family Courts of Australia, development partners and other approved institutions at a strategic level, and ensure efficient implementation of partnership activities;
- Work collegially with AusAID Jakarta and other Australian Government officials to ensure programming choices fit with policy objectives, information is current and accurate, and the best possible representation of Australia is provided in the law and justice sector;
- Ensure that high level specialist and strategic advice, from a range of authoritative sources, is directly accessible to decision makers, and present a balance of perspectives to inform debate, especially on highly complex or sensitive policy areas in which AIPJ is engaged; and
encourage capacity development through leading by example, especially
in demonstrating evidence-based decision making and promoting positive
examples of development success.
The Team Leader will require:
- Experience managing large, complex, multi-disciplinary programs and teams in the field of justice and development, preferably in South East Asia;
- Demonstrated strategic planning, report writing and communication skills;
- A demonstrated ability to build productive and sustainable working partnerships with a variety of stakeholders (donors, Australian and/or partner government, civil society and the private sector) across cultures;
- Experience in programming and building capacity in both State institutions and civil society organisations;
- Capacity to bring forward a range of highly specialist advice within the justice sector and build an integrated program that is understood and respected by stakeholders; and
- Sound understanding of current policy issues in justice and development and the ability to translate these to implementation.
Duration:17 months (to 31 May 2014) with an option to extend subject to head contract extension.
Further information about these positions is available on our website: www.cardno.com/careers or by emailing email@example.com with the reference “AIPJ Team Leader” in the subject line.
Applications close on 2 December 2012.